Neutrals & Nuptials

Family, StyleJuly 27, 2016

neutral first

neutral 5

neutral 1

neutral 8

neutral 7

Romper (orig from Morton James) // Heels Similar // Clutch Similar // Shades // Ring

We’re going to very quickly chat about this adorable FRINGE ROMPER (orig from Morton James) prior to getting a little sentimental today.  So if you’re here for the fashion, you may wanna jump ship after this paragraph.  Y’all know I, and every other gal, love a good romper.  This Neutral Fringe is so dang perfect for the summer…I’ve worn her a handful of times and intend to bust ‘er out again while I’m here in Florida–she’s just that good!  Ok, EMO alert…..y’all know I don’t get terribly personal on s + s all that often, but with our wedding quickly approaching, I simply can’t help myself…..

I was driving home from Target earlier this week and, without any warning or trigger, just started crying.  In fact, I have no doubts I’ll shed a tear or twenty while typing this post.  I also have no doubts I’m feeling this surge of crazy emotions this week because I’m marrying John in just a few days.  But it’s so much more than that.  He’s so much more than that.  Damnit, here come the tears……

I think back to the past 3 years of my life and cannot…truly cannot believe that it has lead me to this.  To John.  It’s been a challenging road.  A road with many life altering events.  Events that forever changed me and my girls.  A road I wasn’t so sure was going to ever smooth out.  One that I certainly didn’t think would lead me to a man that I just couldn’t adore more if I tried.  A man that couldn’t adore my children more if he tried.  A man that I feel beyond blessed walked into our lives.  He was always the light at the end of our bumpy, dark tunnel–I just didn’t know it at the time.  And it’s simply insane to me because three years ago while I was going through my divorce, the darkest time in my life no doubt, I would have never in a million years thought this day was possible for me.

I remember this past Father’s Day, we were camping and the four of us were chatting about the girl’s father.  I asked them how they were doing and if they were missing their Dad because we always talk very openly about him.  And often for that matter.  And then Chase said something that simply melted me and John to our cores.  She said, “John, if I had to choose someone other than my real dad to be my dad, it would always be you.”  And if that isn’t a testament to how damn special John is, then hells bells, I don’t know what is.  He has our three hearts something fierce.

There’s a part of me writing this because I know John will peek at the blog while he’s working and it makes me happy to tell him just how wonderful he is and what he means to me and the bunnies.  But there’s another part of me that’s writing this because of you all.  You see, you all have been around for all the good, bad, and ugly and been cheering me and the bunnies on all along the way.  I’ve received the messages, sweet sentiments, kind words, condolences, all of it, and I love y’all for it.  You know I’ve told you this blog was a HUGE source of therapy the year of my divorce and when the girl’s father passed and it continues to be.  The engagement and support from you all is something I will forever be grateful for.  So thank you.  Yet again.  But almost more than John and y’all, I wanted to share this because I’m certain there’s a reader or two that is in a dark place.  Or maybe, hopefully, coming around the bend and starting to see the bright side.  And let me tell you—it’s there.  The light at the end of the tunnel is waiting for you.  I promise.  It may not come when you want it to.  It may take a little longer than you hoped and prayed for, but it is waiting.  Please know this.  Please know that the difficult times you WILL one day be thankful for.  They will strengthen you.  They will build your faith.  They will bring beautiful people into your lives.  They will be blessings.  Sounds crazy, gang, but believe me it is true–I’m living proof.

Thank you for sticking around for my ramble (read:  therapy) sesh.  It was good for my soul to type this little journal entry out.  I just feel so happy.  So thankful.  So damn thankful.  I wish y’all a wonderful week.  Truly.  Will do my darnedest to keep y’all in the wedding loop, but know that if I go MIA, we’ll have a wedding roundup once I get pics from my photog…who’s amazing by the way!  Going to sound off now gang because the bunnies and I have to go paint some pineapples—stay tuned!!  Big big hugs from FLA–y’all are the best.  Hot Damn—I get to marry my best friend!!!

photos courtesy of Meagan Gilbert

1. JillGG says:

yay! what a sweet post and what a sweet little family you have now! so excited for you and of course can’t wait to get a peep of you and your beautiful little ladies on the BIG day! congrats!!!

• beth says:

Thanks dollface—it was one for the books—if only I could sort thru all the pics to get a post up!! yowza—Can’t wait to share! xx–b

2. April says:

Love that romper and the fact that you’re so happy! You and your girls deserve it!

3. Tricia says:

Congrats Beth! I couldn’t be happier for you. You and the girls deserve all of it!! XOXO

4. Thanks for your blog post. Going through a rough time right now with my rheumatoid arthritis. Having a flare again. It hurts so bad. Dark place, but I know you are right and there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it is so bright. I have a wonderful husband and little boy, and eventually a treatment will work. Congratulations on getting married to John! Many blessings to you! Looking forward to seeing pictures. Thanks again for making me smile. Emily

• beth says:

Oh Emily!! Hi dear—your name made me smile when I saw it on my feed! I am so very sorry to hear this—but you are so wise to look at the blessings you do have…I have no doubts your positive outlook will bring you healing!! I’ll keep you in my prayers and let that sweet little family of yours be your biggest source of strength–just snuck a peek on FB and they’re lovely! Big hugs–beth

5. Jill says:

Beth, so very happy to know that the beautiful sales rep with the sad countenance has found her happy ending! Your bunnies are simply enchanting. John is such a lucky man too! I definitely don’t think its all happenstance, I call it a “God wink”. Congratulations and continued blessings❤️

• beth says:

Dr. Ransdell!!! Oh my how happy was I to see your email on my feed—I miss you all!! You are such a dear—thank you SO very much for your kind words and well wishes–we are just all so blessed. “God’s Wink.” I love that. And it couldn’t be more true. Big hugs to you and the EMRMC crew! xx–beth

6. Betsy says:

I have never commented on any of your posts but felt moved after reading this post to say you are such a doll and I am SO happy for you and your girls! Enjoy every moment of your wedding day – Big hugs from Denver!

• beth says:

Betsy!! I’m so very glad you did comment—this just made my day! I truly appreciate your well wishes and trust me–we enjoyed the hell outta it! It was simply the best day of all—can’t wait to share! xx–b

7. Elizabeth says:

Many blessings to you and your beautiful family! You have been a tremendous inspiration! I have enjoyed your blog so much. Congratulations to you!

• beth says:

Elizabeth that means the world, so thank you–sincerely! Trust me when I say, y’all have been equally as inspiring and motivating–you pushed me to keep trucking along even though you had no clue!! So thank YOU! Big hugs from Indy! xx–b

8. Karen says:

So, so happy for you and your girls. And for John too – he is a lucky one as well to have you 3 beautiful gals in his life:) Cheers!

9. Hillary says:

So excited for you and this new journey that you are about to go on! Congratulations (early!) on your wedding!

~Hillary

10. Tammi says:

Over the moon for your new little family! Long time reader same age as you and also from Florida- thank you for many years of inspiring cute outfits and tiny glimpses into your life. I cried like a baby when I read this post. Your post finds me going through difficult divorce and much sadness watching my perfect family fall apart. I’m printing this out to inspire me daily. Loved the stylish family wedding pic. You all looked adorable!

• beth says:

Oh Tammi—this comment brought me to tears!! First off, thank you for following along—and your kind comments about the wedding—it was a magical day for sure! But secondly, I am so very sorry to hear of your divorce….and I truly mean this with utmost sincerity—your family WILL find its new “perfect.” It will be different indeed, but it will flourish–I promise you. as I stated my days were VERY dark….but the old saying couldn’t be more true–it’s what my mantra became…time will heal–just when you think you can’t handle another thing, you do. Time will give you prospective and strength—a deeper strength from within. PLEASE don’t hesitate to email me if you just need to vent or ask any questions…I mean this…seersuckerandsaddles@gmail.com….it is the very least I can do considering so many people rallied around the gals and I during the D. I will be thinking and praying for you. And love on those kiddos like you’ve never loved on them before!! Biggest Virtual Hugs….Beth

11. Vikki says:

Congrats on your marriage!!! Just wanted to say thank you for helping me learn how to coordinate my wardrobe. May sound easy to most girls but to this chick it’s never been easy. However, since I started following your blog two or three years ago I’ve learned A LOT!!!
    I live on a 3200 acre thoroughbred farm here in Lexington, Ky. And if you ever come back to visit and would like a farm tour with your family just shoot me an email 🙂 your girls would prob enjoy seeing some of our many babies born this year. Anyhoo….. My way of saying thank you 🙂
    Good luck and Congrats again 🙂
    Vikki Barnes

• beth says:

Oh Vikki—no, thank YOU!! That makes me so happy to hear you’ve gained a dose of inspiration===that’s what this is all about after all! And your farm sounds INCREDIBLE–it’s what I miss most about Lex—we may take you up on that extremely sweet offer next time we’re in the Bluegrass….my gals would go nuts! xx

12. dee says:

Congratulations! I wish you all the most happiness together – you’re off to a good start. Love the blog and the pix. Happiness always.

13. Nut says: